Our content is reader-supported. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links.
If you’re looking to start a business where privacy is your top priority, then an anonymous LLC might be the ideal business structure for you. Many entrepreneurs have opted for anonymous LLCs since it helps in keeping all of their business affairs private.
Also, as a business owner, you might not want to be hassled by marketers or have disgruntled customers figuring out where you live. These are some of the many reasons why you may opt for an anonymous LLC.
Not all states allow the formation of an anonymous LLC. There are only a few anonymous LLC states where entrepreneurs can register a business anonymously. Here’s everything you need to know about the best anonymous LLC states.
If you’ve chosen your desired state and are ready to register your business, visit Northwest Registered Agent and register your LLC for $39 only.
What Are the Best States for an Anonymous LLC?
- New Mexico
Listed below are the best anonymous LLC states in more detail.
Delaware is considered to be one of the best states to start an anonymous LLC. It offers the highest levels of security, privacy, and protection of assets for LLC owners. Delaware’s Court of Chancery is known for handling all issues when it comes to an LLC’s internal affairs.
Moreover, as an LLC owner, you aren’t required to mention the identities and personal information of your company’s managers, members, and shareholders on all public documents when registering your business.
Read more about how to form an anonymous LLC in Delaware.
Wyoming is another anonymous LLC state that’s known for its debtor-friendly laws. It also offers high levels of security, privacy, and protection of one’s assets. You don’t have to stress about creditors once you create your anonymous LLC in Wyoming.
Read more about how to form an anonymous LLC in Wyoming.
New Mexico is considered one of the best anonymous LLC states after Delaware. Anonymous LLC owners don’t have to mention the identities of all owners, managers, and members of their LLC. Also, this state does not require additional annual reports.
Read more about how to form an anonymous LLC in New Mexico.
Nevada is another one of the best states for anonymous LLCs that protect a business owner’s assets. Plus, creditors are unable to get a hold of any corporate records. Read more about how to form an anonymous LLC in Nevada.
Register an anonymous LLC in any of these states with the help of Northwest Registered Agent for only $39.
Which State Should I Choose to Start an Anonymous LLC?
Here’s what you need to know when choosing a state to register an LLC privately.
- Taxes: No corporate income tax
- The best state for businesses: Ideal state for LLCs of medium to large size
- Offers protection: Asset protection at the highest level
- You stay anonymous: Comes with complete business anonymity
- Taxes: There’s an annual franchise tax of $300
Cost of Forming an Anonymous LLC in Delaware
Delaware requires a Certificate of Formation that comes with a $90 filing fee. Business owners can pay this fee through a credit card, debit card, or check.
- Toughest protection: Asset protection of the highest level, after Delaware
- No corporate income taxes: LLC owners don’t have to worry about corporate income taxes
- High-level privacy: Information of all managers, directors, and owners remains private
- Additional fees: Wyoming has an annual report fee of around $50
- Have to reveal one’s identity: LLC owners have to mention their name in the annual report
Cost of Forming an Anonymous LLC in Wyoming
Business owners have to pay a filing fee of about $100 to file an LLC in Wyoming. This also includes filing Articles of Organization through the mail, online, or having it delivered by hand.
3. New Mexico
- No extra fees: There are no annual report fees
- Best for anonymous LLCs: It offers the most privacy and strongest security for anonymous LLCs
- Don’t have to stress about creditors: High-level asset protection from all creditors
- Taxes: LLC owners are required to file corporate income taxes
Cost of Forming an Anonymous LLC in New Mexico
Anonymous LLC owners have to file Articles of Organizations and pay a filing fee of $50.
- Strong privacy levels: High level of professional and personal anonymity and privacy for anonymous LLC owners
- Creditors can’t find you: Asset protection from creditors
- Have to disclose personal details: Information of managers and members is required by the Secretary of State
- Fees: A $350 annual fee
Cost of Forming an Anonymous LLC in Nevada
The filing fee in Nevada is $75 and LLC owners need to provide a Customer Order Form with an ePayment Checklist if needed.
What Is an Anonymous LLC?
An anonymous LLC allows business owners to keep their personal and business affairs private and off the public records. Anonymous LLC states, like Delaware, Nevada, Wyoming, and New Mexico, offer numerous services for LLC owners that allow them to stay anonymous without worrying about their identities being disclosed.
How to Start an Anonymous LLC?
Listed below are the steps business owners have to take after they have chosen one of the states that allow anonymous LLCs.
- Choose a business name: The business name of your anonymous LLC has to be unique from other active LLCs. It should also have the term ‘LLC’ in it.
- Find a registered agent: Their job is to accept all LLC-related communications and transfer them to the LLC’s owner. Register your anonymous LLC for only $39.
- Prepare important documents: Gather all the relevant documentation and file all paperwork with the state authorities of your chosen state.
Why Is Delaware Famous for Anonymous LLCs?
Delaware is considered to be one of the best states for anonymous LLCs, and that too, for good reasons. The state offers several tax incentives, like exemptions and credits. It also has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the US.
Moreover, Delaware comes with strong privacy laws, which makes it among the best states for anonymous LLCs. Business owners don’t have to worry about their information being found in public records. Both business owners and their activities remain private.
Numerous large businesses are located in Delaware and are known to be highly successful. A lot of that has to do with the state’s corporate-friendly rules and regulations, which makes Delaware one of the best states to start a business.
Best States for Anonymous LLC – Conclusion
If you’re a resident of Delaware, New Mexico, Nevada, or Wyoming and are looking to launch your anonymous LLC, then these states make it easy to do so. You can register an anonymous LLC in other states as well, but that is a long and complex process.
With an anonymous LLC, you can make sure that your information stays off the public records. However, keep in mind that this does not include governmental and financial institutes, such as the IRS and banks.
If you are in search of a good registered agent, then visit Northwest Registered Agent and get a great deal for only $39.