Our content is reader-supported. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links.
Starting a business can be a daunting task, but having the right support can make all the difference. That’s where MyCompanyWorks comes in, a company that specializes in helping entrepreneurs form and manage their businesses. But with so many options out there, how do you know if MyCompanyWorks is the right choice for you?
In this review, we’ll take a deep dive into the services, pricing, and customer support offered by MyCompanyWorks to help you make an informed decision. So, whether you’re just starting out or looking to streamline your existing business, read on to find out if MyCompanyWorks is the solution you’ve been searching for.
What Is MyCompanyWorks?
MyCompanyWorks tie for the Number eight spot in our rating of the best LLC Services. The company offers a 90-day money-back guarantee, toll-free telephone support during business hours, along with a range of services in the mid-level entrepreneur package.
While many new LLCs will have their formation needs met by the features bundled in MyCompanyWorks’ Entrepreneur and Complete packages, other services, such as annual report filing and compliance monitoring, are only available for an additional fee.
MyCompanyWorks at a Glance
MyCompanyWorks is a business formation and management company that provides a range of services to help entrepreneurs start and manage their businesses.
They were founded in 2001 and are based in Las Vegas, Nevada. MyCompanyWorks offers LLC and corporation formation, registered agent services, and business compliance solutions at varying price points, with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
They have a user-friendly online platform for easy management of business filings and documents. MyCompanyWorks is known for its excellent customer support and has helped over 60,000 businesses form and manage their companies since its inception.
Prices for MyCompanyWorks’ three LLC formation plans range from $59 plus state fees (when applicable) for Basic to $259 plus state fees for Complete. Between these is the Entrepreneur plan, which the company identifies as its most popular option.
In addition, the company sells many services for small businesses that complement LLC or corporate formation, including annual report filing and compliance monitoring, business license compliance, domain name registration, and website creation.
What Plans Are Available From MyCompanyWorks?
The company’s three plans for LLC formation are Basic, Entrepreneur, and Complete. All three packages include preparing and filing your articles of organization in the state of your choice. The company registers with all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The plans also come with support via email or toll-free telephone. Phone support hours are from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST, Monday to Friday, except on federal holidays.
- Personalized organizational minutes, including instructions for holding the organizational meeting
- A personalized operating agreement stating the rules that will apply to the LLC
- Startup Wizard interactive checklist that takes you through each step of the LLC formation process
Obtaining an EIN for the business is included in MyCompanyWorks’ more-expensive Entrepreneur and Complete packages, but it costs an additional $59 for Basic subscribers.
Basic also lacks the company’s registered agent service, which is priced at $99 a year as a standalone service but is bundled with MyCompanyWorks’ higher-priced plans.
In addition to EIN and registered agent services, this plan adds MyCompanyForms, a library of business forms, checklists, tax guides, and sample minutes and resolutions. MyCompanyForms costs $49 as a standalone product.
The company’s top-of-the-line package includes MyCompanyWorks Premium, which manages many aspects of your business’s compliance and security requirements, including:
- Annual report filing service
- ComplianceLock, which sends alerts automatically on compliance tasks such as meeting requirements and documenting business decisions
- Business entity monitoring to confirm that your LLC status remains active and in good standing
- Automatic generation and secure storage of meeting minutes and resolutions
MyCompanyWorks Premium costs $99 when not sold bundled with the Complete package. It includes 5GB of storage, an e-ledger for tracking ownership changes, and e-certificates verifying proof of ownership.
MyCompanyWorks sells a range of services in addition to LLC and corporate formations:
- A custom domain name, website builder, and three email boxes for $99 per year
- LLC kit, seal, and member certificates for $69
- Business license compliance package for $99
- A virtual office with a street address for receiving mail, mail forwarding, a phone number in the state you register in a voicemail, and fax-to-email service for $59 per month ($39 per month for mail only and $29 per month for phone only)
MyCompanyWorks’ prices are slightly lower than the average for all of the LLC formation services in our ratings. Small businesses looking to form an LLC may benefit from the features in the service’s midrange Entrepreneur package, especially the plan’s EIN and registered agent services.
The Complete package’s addition of MyCompanyWorks Premium meets the needs for reporting, monitoring, and other compliance matters.
Where Is MyCompanyWorks Available?
MyCompanyWorks’ LLC formation and other business services are available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The company also offers services to non-U.S. citizens and U.S. citizens living overseas who want to form a company in this country.
In addition, MyCompanyWorks provides Apostille certification to confirm that documents are deemed to be authentic in countries overseas.
How Fast Is MyCompanyWorks?
Whether you choose the basic, mid-level, or complete LLC package, you’ll get same-day business processing of your order. This is a good offer compared to many companies, which charge different fees for different processing times.
- Customer Support: Each package includes unlimited phone and email support, so every business owner can get help when and how they need it. Quick responses, upbeat attitudes, and helpful information make dealing with the support team a pleasure. And, if you opt for MyCompanyWorks Premium, you’ll get priority support.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: No matter how perfect a service seems for you when you get started, the hype doesn’t always last. That’s why MyCompanyWorks offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee for all customers on any plan.
If the company’s services don’t live up to your expectations for any reason, simply contact MyCompanyWorks to make it right or get a refund. You can do this within the first 90 days of your purchase, but it’s best to let the company know as soon as possible to correct the situation.
- Virtual Office Service: In addition to business filing services, company owners can purchase a virtual office service starting at $39/month.
The feature offers a physical mailing address in Nevada or Wyoming, weekly mail forwarding, discounted shipping rates for packages, and phone and fax numbers for your business.
The affordable plan is perfect for online companies without a physical presence or home-based businesses that want to separate personal and business addresses.
- Free Business Tax Consultation: MyCompanyWorks includes a lot of “extras” in its plans, many of which some businesses probably won’t ever use or need. However, the free business tax consultation could come in handy.
This free one-hour webinar gives information about taxation for your specific entity, plus what tax forms you need, how taxes work for your employees, and the newest IRS tax rules regarding business filing.
- Document E-Delivery: All customers can choose whether to have their business filing documents mailed to their physical address or conveniently delivered to their inbox.
Digital document delivery includes all your documents scanned and sent to your online MyCompanyWorks account to view and print at your leisure. You’ll save some trees, have digital versions to store for your records, and receive your forms at no extra charge for shipping.
- Easy-to-Use Startup Wizard: Forming a business can be tricky if you haven’t done it before. Fortunately, MyCompanyWorks Startup Wizard gives you a step-by-step checklist of what you still need to do to get everything moving.
The system is tailored to the entity you choose, LLC or corporation, to give you only relevant tasks for your business. The tool also sends you reminders of uncompleted tasks if you don’t have time to finish them all in one sitting.
- Additional Startup Perks: Startup founders get several bonuses for free with any MyCompanyWorks plan. One benefit is a free domain and hosting for one year to get your business website off the ground.
You can also score a free consultation for funding a startup, a compliance audit for your business filing papers, and discounts and trials of software and products geared toward startups.
- Pricey for Included Features: Compared to similar services, MyCompanyWorks is a bit on the pricier side, especially considering some of its fluff features that many business owners may not ever use.
Only in the highest-tiered plan, starting at $279, will you get free registered agent services and MyCompanyWorks Premium with features that other services include with more affordable plans.
- Unnecessary Extras for Some Businesses: Unless you’re a startup founder, you may not use several of the benefits that come with your MyCompanyWorks plan.
For instance, the $250,000 worth of rewards and perks included in each plan are geared mostly toward startups. Ebooks and business consulting services also cater to startups rather than general companies.
- Costly Registered Agent Services: With Basic or Entrepreneur plans, registered agent services cost $99/year with MyCompanyWorks. Other services offer this for free with lower-priced plans or give at least one year of service free for customers.
To get this service for free with MyCompanyWorks, you’ll need to pay for the $279 Complete plan.
- Limited Contact Hours: Although MyCompanyWorks has superior customer service in terms of helpfulness and politeness, its limited support hours could be a turn-off for business owners who need help outside of regular business hours.
Currently, phone support is only available from 8 AM to 4 PM PST, and email support is open for one extra hour, starting at 7 AM PST, Monday through Friday.
MyCompanyWorks from Real Users – How Legit Is It?
To save you some time, we looked through a ton of online MyCompanyWorks reviews to find out what real people thought based on their personal experiences with the service. This will help you get a solid answer to the question of whether MyCompanyWorks is a legit service and if it works.
User reviews from Better Business Bureau
MyCompanyWorks secured a star rating of 5 on Better Business Bureau.
Alternatives to MyCompanyWorks
ZenBusiness is an online LLC formation service that offers a range of services to help entrepreneurs and small business owners start and grow their companies.
They provide affordable and comprehensive LLC formation packages, including registered agent services, annual report filing, and other features. ZenBusiness also offers ongoing support and resources to help businesses stay compliant and succeed. Read this ZenBusiness review if you need more information.
Swyft Filings is an LLC formation service specializing in fast and easy LLC formation. They offer a wide range of LLC services, including incorporation, compliance, and registered agent services.
Swyft Filings also provides personalized support to help businesses navigate the LLC formation process and stay compliant with state and federal regulations.
Tailor Brands is an online branding and design service that helps businesses create a professional and cohesive brand identity. They offer a range of branding packages that include logo design, business card design, and social media branding.
Tailor Brands also provides a suite of design tools and resources to help businesses create and customize their own branded assets.
MyCompanyWorks Review – Frequently Asked Questions
What Add-on Services Does MyCompanyWorks Offer?
In addition to helping companies form LLCs, MyCompanyWorks provides services for forming a C-corporation or S-corporation, as well as filing a DBA statement for sole proprietorships.
For ongoing businesses, the company sells a full slate of management services:
- Annual report filing services
- Domain names, email services, and website building
- Foreign qualification filings
- Registered agent service
- Articles of Amendment filings
- Corporate kits, seals, and stock certificates
- Mail forwarding and other virtual office services
- ComplianceLock (included with MyCompanyWorks’ Premium package)
- The MyCompanyWorks Vendor Network lists vendors in more than 40 categories that offer business support services. Among the categories are accounting, banking, insurance, licensing, travel, HR, legal, marketing, branding, web hosting, payroll, merchant services, and office supplies
Will MyCompanyWorks File an Annual Compliance Report for My Business?
The ComplianceLock annual compliance filing service is included with MyCompanyWorks’ Premium package, which is bundled with the company’s Complete LLC-formation package and costs $99 per year when purchased separately by subscribers to the firm’s Basic or Entrepreneur plans.
ComplianceLock alerts you via text and email as compliance due dates approach, and you can also create custom compliance-related alerts.
You can generate the meeting minutes and notes required with your compliance filings with a single click, and your company’s compliance status is monitored to ensure that it’s active and secure.
ComplianceLock lets you upload important documents to MyCompanyWorks’ secure servers. Should your company fall out of compliance, the Fix-it service that’s included with ComplianceLock promises to alert you to the problem and help you return your firm to good standing.
Can I Set up an LLC Without an LLC Service?
Anyone can complete the paperwork to register a business as an LLC in their state, typically by completing an online form.
You must also provide the state with an operating agreement (in most states) and identify a registered agent who serves as the business’s official contact for receiving official notices from the government and other entities.
If the business has employees, you must also apply for an EIN, or federal tax ID, to use when filing the business’s federal tax return.
These are three primary benefits of forming an LLC rather than a traditional S corporation or C corporation:
- Taxes are reported on each LLC member’s personal income tax return rather than as a separate entity (avoids double taxation of corporations)
- Members are not held personally liable for debts and damages arising from lawsuits against the business
- LLCs are simpler to form and easier to maintain than corporations
Bottom Line on MyCompanyWorks Review
Overall, MyCompanyWorks makes forming a legal business entity about as simple as it can get. However, once you’re done with the setup, the costs might outweigh the benefits.
Other companies simply charge less for registered agent services, business banking, and other helpful features. But if customer service, startup discounts, and a satisfaction guarantee top your list, the fees might be worth it to you.
Just be sure to opt into all the relevant extras when you register to get the most bang for your buck. Otherwise, you’ll be left out of free domain hosting for a year, a free business tax consultation, and other bonuses you get with any plan.
About the author
Dr. Alexander Sterling, Esq, a distinguished legal scholar with a business law degree and a Doctor of Juridical Science, is a leading expert in business registration and diverse business departments. Renowned for his academic excellence and practical insights, Dr. Sterling guides businesses through legal complexities, offering invaluable expertise in compliance, corporate governance, and registration processes.
As an accomplished author, his forthcoming book is anticipated to be a comprehensive guide for navigating the dynamic intersection of law and business, providing clarity and practical wisdom for entrepreneurs and legal professionals alike. With a commitment to legal excellence, Dr. Alexander Sterling, Esq, is a trusted authority dedicated to empowering businesses within the ever-evolving legal landscape.